Sunday, November 21, 2010

Recipes To Die For!

So I had another interesting week.

It involved a fall retreat in the mountain with high schoolers and driving my car off of a ledge.

And two bats in the the bathroom. And butt dust accusations.

BUT I'll save that for later. This post is of the selfish nature. I've come across some new recipes that I can't wait to try.... It's easier for me to access the recipes if I have them linked on my own blog. (I'm lazy about printing stuff out.) NOW....If I ever get a minute to actually get my self together enough to grocery shop, I will cook!

Bobby Flay's Brussel Sprouts

Bobby Flay's Pumpkin Bread Pudding

I also have a mac and cheese recipe that a friend shared. I can not wait to make this one. I am always wanting a good mac and cheese recipe. Most of the ones I've tried are good but just not great so I'm hoping this one's the keeper.

Mac and Cheese

-1 3/4 c. small elbow mac
-1 1/4 c. 1/2 in. cubes extra sharp cheddar cheese (about 5 oz.) (NOTE: I think 1/2 in. cubes are too big & I make mine smaller)
- 2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
-1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard powder
-1/4 tsp. black pepper
-1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
-1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
-1 1/3 c. half & half
-1 1/3 c. whipping cream
-2/3 c. sour cream
-2 large eggs
-3/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
-1 1/4 c. packed grated extra sharp cheddar cheese (about 5 oz.)

CHEESE SIDE NOTE: This recipe actually calls for 10 oz. total cheese but I just buy the 8 oz. block & it is plenty. I just open the pack, cut it in half & grate 1 half for the top & cube up the other to mix in with the noodles.

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly butter 13x9x2 glass baking dish. Cook mac in salted water until just tender but firm to bite. Drain. Transfer to prepared dish. Mix in cubed cheese.

Wisk flour-nutmeg ingredients until no lumps remain. Gradually wisk in half & half, then whipping cream & sour cream. Add eggs & Worcestershire sauce, wisk to blend. Pour over mac mixture, stirring to blend. Sprinkle grated cheese over.

Bake until just set around edges but sauce is still liquid in center, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven, let stand 10 min. to thicken slightly (sauce will be creamy).


Sounds like a complete meal is coming up! Look out Benji I know brussel sprouts are your favorite!

No comments: