Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I'm Baccccckkkk.

Well, the stomach virus Emery had that I thought was behind us, was not.

I got it and then Benji. It was a rough few days here in the Ladd house, but we are finally back to normal and feeling good.

Emery went back to school this week, she and I both were so glad! Putting her in MMO was one of the best decisions ever. She loves it, gets to have fun in a structured environment (I'm not great at the structured part) and I get a few hours to myself each week.

Today I slept the entire time she was gone! I was exhausted from all the sickness from the past week.

Yesterday a group of girls and I got together to swap Jesse Tree ornaments. There were 29 of us, so each of us were assigned a scripture and the ornament that went along with it. We all made 29 of our ornament and then swapped during a night of fellowship and great food!

Now I have 29 ornaments to place on our Jesse Tree, one each day for the Advent season. I'm excited about the tradition starting with our kids.

Here is a link to the devotions that we used...

And here is a blog post from a friend of a friend who did a Jesse Tree ornament swap one year. If you have a big group of girls, like a Sunday School class, MOPS group or whatever, this is a super fun thing to do together! This blog has great pictures of ornament ideas and more of what it is all about. Been There Blog....

No comments: