Sunday, January 29, 2012
Going Thru The Big D
Backing up a few months...hey I'm scattered, I know. Here's my reading material for the plane!
Benji and I headed to Dallas in November (I think, don't quote me on the date).
We headed there for a conference on small groups.
Well, mainly because Matt Chandler, Francis Chan and J.D. Greer were there to speak. And when you get an opportunity like that you take it.
It was a great get away. A great GREAT conference. Benji was very encouraged that he was not alone in some of the issues he faces and I was encouraged that HE WAS encouraged.
I LOVED getting to spend time with him. Just him. I know it seems like we have a lot of weekends with out the kids, BUT those weekends are usually filled with high school youth trips or Christmas missions, or something related to us actually not spending any time together at all and coming home with piles of dirty laundry, more exhausted than when we left.
I felt like our trip to Dallas encouraged us as a couple and encouraged us both in ministry. We came home feeling a little more like that couple we were before kids.
Coffee in our hotel, they were waiting on me!
And our first taste of IN-N-OUT. Delish.
Every Christian stereotype has to wear TOMS. We thought it was hilarious they had a booth.
My main man, best friend, partner in ministry for over 10 years. LOVE HIM.
Matt Chandler, Top, Francis Chan, Bottom. Both amazing speakers and humble men.
Definitely hoping I can join him in some more conferences. I love using that side of my brain every now and then. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment