Thursday, February 2, 2012

Two Roads Divided

I can not even begin to explain what this picture means to me and the direction that my life took after this week.

THANK YOU Kevin Kilgore for posting this. I have no idea where you got it....

This week is the week that I quit running from God's call on my life. I surrendered my life to serve him in whatever capacity that he saw fit for me.

This was my first mission trip experience, in San Miguel Del Monte, Argentina.

Out of this week I started working with the church full time, with this cute boy I knew from the singles group (who felt God's call on his life for full time ministry).....

Of course, his name was Benji.

We worked side by side for an entire summer doing everything interns do for a church. At the end of that summer I was headed back to Argentina for a semester of studying Spanish and Biblical studies.

The week before I was scheduled to leave we went on our first "official" date.

Got engaged that week.

And then off to Argentina I went.

He followed me there.

That fall I was scheduled to study abroad in Italy to finish up my final year as a Studio Art major at Brenau.

God changed my plans. Instead of going to Italy to paint, he sent me to Argentina, with a fiancé.

We came home, worked hard, got married and moved off to South Carolina without a penny, a job or a clue!

We enrolled in North Greenville College, who was taking transfer credits from the school in Argentina, and finished up our degrees. Mine this time in English and Christian Studies.

After graduation we headed off again sight un seen, penniless, clueless and full of hope to Louisville, Kentucky to start our journey thru seminary.

I can say without a doubt our time in Louisville were some of the greatest times of our lives. We studied hard, worked SUPER hard and grew as a couple and as partners in ministry.

I graduated from Seminary 7 months pregnant with our first child. Benji graduated a few weeks after she was born. We were once again jobless, homeless, yet full of hope that God would again direct our paths.

He did.

He miraculously, graciously and unexpectedly brought us BACK to Greenville. BACK to the church we loved and attended while finishing college at NGC.

You know the rest......

I am thankful for our story. The story of God's faithfulness in seemingly chaotic situations he was always in control and directing our steps, just as he planned.

Disclaimer: I'd be lying if I didn't think about that semester in Italy I missed every once in awhile... :) but it was worth it! 



1 comment:

Dana said...

You forgot to mention that -

1. "My awesome, bomb.com friend DANA CAIN FARR told me to quit being silly and go for Benji Ladd! I'm so glad!

and

2. "Did I mention my friend DANA CAIN FARR is awesome?"

Okay...seriously. I enjoyed this a whole lot. :)