Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Days


Okay back to life here! Wheww! I am so glad I decided to share my last two posts.

I have gotten over a dozen messages and emails from friends who have struggled, silently with the same thing.

Any hoo. We have been mucho busy since "summer" hit. I realize it's not even technically summer for a few more weeks but it's been in the high 90's for two weeks here. So I say we are deep into summertime.

Tuesday mornings I am doing a bible study that will last 11 weeks, it just so happens that when we went for our first session this week, Emery's MMO teacher is keeping the kids during the bible study! Such a blessing because we LOVE Miss Nancy and I'm so glad Emery gets a few more weeks with her.

Wednesday we hit the library for story time, usually we have friends that meet us there so we hit up the local sub shop that has free kids meals on Tuesdays. We get home just in time for nap, holla!

Thursday is park day. Emery has a friend that she met in MMO this year that she ADORES. We met her last week for a play date at the park. She had a blast and I also had a great time meeting her Mama. It was refreshing to meet a new friend and someone that doesn't go to our church or run in my usual circle. I haven't met a complete stranger in so long is was fun to learn more about them. We will definitely have more play dates with them this summer, I can't tell you how much Emery loves this sweet little girl, she talks about her every day.

Mondays we will hang out around the house and hit the grocery if we need. Friday Benji's off work so the few Fridays that he is actually home this summer we will hang with him.

Thank goodness we found things to do this summer, Jesse is soooo good, just hangs out and comes along for the ride. I've felt bad for him sweating in that car seat these past few days. It has been so so hot!

This Tuesday night Benji had a deacons meeting, which usually last way long. I usually dread the monthly deacons meeting because it means the kids don't see daddy all day and that means a long day for me. Anyway this week one of my friends who's husband is a deacon rounded up a bunch of us deacon/pastor wives (the one's with small kids) and we all met at Chickfila for dinner and to let the kiddos run a muck in the play area.

Well Emery took her pants off for some reason???

And they also had face painting. Hence the unicorn on my baby dolls cheek.

Great night of fun for kids and Mamas!

Everyone knows that play dates are for the Moms right?

No comments: