Tuesday, June 7, 2011

By Definition

I'm not defined by my weaknesses, just as I'm not defined by my strengths.

I am thankfully, gracefully a child of God.

That is how I'm defined.

"My heart and my flesh fail. But the Lord is my strength and my portion forever."

Thank goodness!

My PPD has, with both babies, manifested itself through social anxiety. Which is ironic since I am normally such a social and extroverted person.

Some may misconceive PPD as not loving your kids, or not wanting the babies. That is just not true. We've all seen the severe cases of Post partum Psychosis played out on national news, but that is an entirely different illness.

My issues are with all the other people out there! haha! If I could stay locked up in my house with just Benji, Emery and Jesse I'd be great.

But our life doesn't run like that. I've got to go places and interact with people.

So, there's a little more clarification.

I'm not jumping off any bridges. Okay. Just wishing some others would! (Joke people)

I've received so many messages, emails from other girls that have gone through the same thing. I KNEW there were more like me out there.

It is such a shame that women can't talk about their weaknesses. Why do we all have to run around acting like we have it all together, when NONE OF US DO!???

Now with all that said, I hope to move on from all this deep talk.

My biggest concern right now is how will Emery ever potty in public because her hiney is so small she will fall right through without her little Dora potty seat.

Am I just suppose to carry that around every where we go?

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm sorry to hear about your PPD, but your last comment about Emery and the potty made me laugh a lot!

Kristi said...

haha. thanks! that's what i was wanting...haha.

BUT it is a serious issue! her butt is tiny!

Me said...

I have a folding travel potty seat that I got at Babies R Us. It doesn't seem super-sturdy, but he hasn't fallen in yet. :)

Kristi said...

Kelly someone else told me about those and i was super excited to know they made something like that.