
This Sunday we finally had our babyezzz dedicated. We had to do both Emery and Jesse because for a few different reasons we never got around to dedicating Emery when she was a baby.
I was stressed out about having to get up in front of all those people! I was worried that Emery might freak out but she did great! I'm glad we did it, it's like that saying "the shoe cobbler's kids have no shoes." haha that's how I felt about our kids not being dedicated in the church.
It's not baptism (for those of you who aren't baptist and are wondering what I'm talking about) it's more of a commitment from the parents saying that we will raise our children in the church and teach them The Word. Whether or not they choose to follow Christ is up to them, we pray that they will make that choice but we can not make it for them.
Emery and Jesse were both presented with their own copy of The Jesus Story Book Bible. This is an awesome bible for little kids. We had a copy already and and Emery asks to read out of it every night.
After church our families came over for lunch, Emery and Asher played hard outside then we all went our separate ways for nap time. Great day for our family. I am so blessed with my two kids. I love them more than I ever imagined I could love someone. God is so good and so gracious.
No comments:
Post a Comment