I've been sick since around Thursday. I have insane allergies that have been a thorn in my side all my life. I was even tested for Cystic Fibrosis when I was younger because I had so much snot!
I took 8 allergy shots a week up until the middle of high school. Anyway, you get it.
So now I manage my all this mess with Claritin D when I'm not pregnant and Zyrtec when I am knocked up.
This week I came down with some nasty funk. I've been up for the past three nights trying to cough this baby out.
I called my OBGYN nurse on call. She told me to sleep with a cough drop....sighhhh....
All my friends on facebook convinced me to see my primary Dr.
Since I've had Emery I've decided that the most convenient way for me to see a Dr. is to go to Doctors Care, the walk in clinics.
Yes I feel like I'm one step away from the Health Dept. Yes I use my hand sanitizer every five minutes there....BUT It's never taken me more than an hour to get in and out and they always, always fix me right up!
AND I can walk in on Saturday and Sunday! I love me some Dr's Care.
Most of the time I even see the same Dr. I had yet another sinus infection and ear infection. I think this makes #4 since we've been back in Greenville.
A steroid shot in the rear, antibiotic, prednizone pack and glorious life saving cough syrup made me feel like a new woman by that evening!
Praise the LORD I am so much better. Being pregnant, with a 2 1/2 year old running around, taking care of family business while trying to hold the baby in so he won't get coughed out is NO FUN!
I'm green as they come in many ways, but I want real drugs! No sleeping with cough drops in my mouth for me.
P.S. I really do love my OBGYN and the on call nurse there is a sweet heart. I'm sure if she really knew how sick I was she would have told me to go and see my primary Dr. There's a lot you miss in a few minute phone conversation. I also understand why they wouldn't want to see me themselves, I don't want sickies sitting next to me in the baby Dr. office, so I do agree with their policy for only seeing well patients.
No comments:
Post a Comment