Friday, May 23, 2008

Beach bound

So basically this is what I've been waiting for the past 4 years. Time to actually read something and NOT have to write a book review. During our time at the beach this week I have thoughtfully chosen 3 books to accompany me on the sand....


The first is fiction, highly recommended by a lady at work (who usually has good judgement on books). It is a story of a family portrayed through the eyes of the family dog....tear jerker i've heard.


The second is a book recommended by Mohler, (not to me personally) but they gave them out at the recent T4G conference. It's by two "cool" guys who would seem to fall under the emergent church movement, but they are reformed.....should be a good solid explanation as to why emergent theology is less than beneficial for believers.


Lastly, I will be diving into the controversy that is childhood vaccines.

And of course I will be taking the standard and trusty US weekly, Intouch, Star...Vogue and Allure magazines. What week could be better.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Yay for reading!! When I finished my Master's I devoured lots of "regular" books. It was a wonderful feeling!