Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Orange drink, crib, and a yawn.

Today we got a lot of things accomplished.
I went for my glucose screening to see if I have gestational diabetes. I got to drink the sticky sweet orange drink. It actually tasted like something we drank regularly in Argentina, so it took me back.....

We also had another ultrasound.
Emery looks great. She weighs about 2lbs and 12oz. She is taking up my entire belly! Her head is resting near my right hip, (which would explain why my hip hurts all the time.) Her legs are up in my left rib cage, and her butt is resting nicely right under my stomach. My placenta is located on the front wall of my uterus.

The technician said she had nice long legs, a full bladder (like her mom), and we saw her yawn twice! We also saw her practicing her breathing techniques. It was a special time.....it made Benji and I both anxious to get ready for her debut.

Our crib came in yesterday, so we went and picked it up after the Dr. appt. It is currently in the garage in a box, but will soon be moved to its temporary location in the second bedroom.

I pick up my cap and gown on Friday. Which is pretty exciting.

I've now gained close to 30lbs. My Dr. reassured me that I am completely fine and within range for my height and starting weight.

My mom however thinks I look a "little swollen", and that "I'd better watch it....."

The only thing I'll be watching is Emery kick my belly...... and my D cup turn into DD's! s This is the only time in life that a woman can embrace weight gain as a sign of a healthy, viable, life being created inside her.

So I'm embracing it...in one hand, and a milkshake(calcium people) in the other.




Here is a picture of typical homework time in our house. Vance is way jealous of the computer. He fights for our laps EVERY time we try to use the lap top.

Can't wait to see how he deals with his sister.

No comments: