I'm fat. no seriously. I am FAT! This picture is well.....pretty much the truth. I feel like I'm a little bigger than 26 weeks, but that's what they say!
I finished my Hebrew class last week. Now I'm just waiting for May 16.
They say that the cicada's are going to be out in the 100,000s this year. starting in may. Graduation is outside. Yeah. That is my luck.
When I graduated from college I had the flu and a 103 degree fever, doped up on codeine cough syrup.
Graduating from seminary and the plague of the century hits the front lawn. Graduation is outside if I didn't mention that before.
But other than the plague I have a lot to be thankful for and I have been thinking about it all lately.
1. I graduate in 14 days. 4 years of sweat, tears, a lot of coffee and sleepless nights are behind me....okay so having a child will involve all of the above things as well. But Babies are cuter than Hebrew professors......so I'll deal with it.
I have loved seminary. I wouldn't change any second of it. Sure there were days when I wanted to drive my car off a bridge. There were days when I wondered how I ever graduated from high school. But looking back the hardest times were when I learned the best lessons.
My Greek classes were hated the most when I was in the midst of them. But I learned the most about God, myself, my ability, and the amazing power of scripture in these classes.
2. I am almost 27 weeks preggo. All in all I have had a great time being pregnant. Acid reflux, nausea, and weight gain....oh yeah and back pain, hip pain, leg pain, pain aside, I've had an amazingly gracious time thus far..... I pray that my last trimester is just as blessed as the first two.
3. Benji turned in his 2 week notice this week. Crazy I know. Men don't usually QUIT jobs when babies are just around the corner. But he has a much better job that he works in the summer. Makes twice as much and is way happier.
Him giving 2 week notice only means that we are that much closer to starting our "grown up life." I am so thankful that God has provided for us graciously and abundantly for four years while we have been here. Benji has 3 classes left and then he is finished! Which also means I'll be finished with the bux!
4. This one may be a shocker..... But I have basically had any one's dream job for 4 years. That... is paying for my pregnancy, birth and 12 weeks of maternity leave. I get great, great benefits, have an amazing boss, mostly amazing co-workers, and get paid way to much for what I do.... and all the free coffee I could ever need.
(I'll have to remind myself of this one tomorrow when I get up at 4:15a.m to go work this dream job.)
5. I Have the best, most amazing husband in the world. I know that some of you will say that your husband is the best, but you are all mistaken. Benji is far more than I ever deserved in life. He has worked twice as hard as I have over the past 4 years, and yet he has complained half as much as I have.
I have experienced the best seven years of my life being his wife. We have had an amazing adventure together and are so excited to finally add Emery to the family.
He has been so patient with me during my pregnancy. I could not ask for more.....
Well there is definitely more to be thankful for. My mama, my amazingly brave sister, my loyal and loving friends, my awesome in-laws, VANCE!, our perfect first home that will soon be on the market, our consistent and healthy church.
Most of all my amazingly gracious and merciful God. Who has blessed me beyond measure. I owe all that I have, know, and am to His glorious presence in my life. Throughout these past 4 years the one constant in my life was the redemptive power of Christ. I am nothing, He is everything. I pray that God's glory will be as evident in the next four years....
No comments:
Post a Comment