Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Bitter End

One of my friends calls the last few weeks of pregnancy "the bitter end" . I agree.  Saturday afternoon my back started really, REALLY hurting.

I know this is my 3rd kid, but I have never been in full on labor so I still get confused as to what to expect once it gets this close to the end.

By Sunday morning I could barely stand OR sit and lying down brought little relief as well. I texted a few of my friends (one a nurse, one a pharmacist) and asked them if I really couldn't take some Advil or Aleve. Both said If I was hurting that bad I should call my Dr.

So I called the nurse on call. She told me to hang up the phone and call 911!!! ahhhh

So I've never called 911! EVER. It was quite the experience. The ambulance seriously got to our house in like 1 minute. I was very proud of myself for how calm I was! I was more worried about Emery and Jesse freaking out. I called a friend to come get them and I am so thankful that she got here as fast as she could and the kids were unfazed.

They hooked me up in L&D triage and of course I was not in labor. BUT, they reassured me that at 37 weeks it was the best thing for me to do, just to make sure. I got sent home with some pain meds and the reality that my back is probably just going to hurt until Hadley is out.

I'm definitely feeling better after a few days of watching how I bend and lift things. I cleaned the carpets yesterday in the kid's room and that was probably not a good idea.

Jesse and Emery have done GREAT sharing a room. I am so relieved that it has gone well. I think it is hardest for me because I want them to each have their own space, but I realize that they love being together. Jesse I think goes to sleep better with Emery in the room.

I am so thankful for all that God has blessed Benji and I with. Can not wait to share Hadley with everyone!

No comments: