Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2 Goals For The New Year. Just 2!



I realized this morning that I had not left the house since I got home on Saturday! ha. It's easy for me to do these days since I am so huge and lugging 2 two toddlers with me somewhere is a major chore. Anyway, this afternoon I decided I would venture out to Hobby Lobby and start (finally) preparing Hadley's nursery.



I only have 2 goals this year. 1. get this house AND ME MENTALLY ready for baby #3 and 2. start being more conscious of my budgeting. Last year we spent alot of time in Dr's offices, the hospital, car repair shops (hello new transmission) and eventually had to buy 2 new (used) cars. NOT a great year for financial growth. I realize many people have serious medical issues and horrible bills, so I am trying to keep everything in perspective. BUT, I would really love to pay off all our medical bills/ including Hadley's birth and then start REALLY saving a cushion for our future.

I enjoy this site, The Budget Diet, for realistic goals and tips on how to be more frugal. There are some easy steps to cutting spending.

http://www.thebudgetdiet.com/10-frugal-living-habits-to-start-this-year





Today we found out that a precious, dear family in our church and also one of Emery's MMO teacher's,(from when she was 2) lost their youngest son in a tragic, crazy accident yesterday. I am so heartbroken for "Miss Nancy". Emery LOVES her and her family and I can not imagine the pain they are experiencing. Please, please pray for this family. 

No comments: