Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm An Owl

I get like a second wind around 11pm and then it is almost impossible for me to fall asleep at a decent hour. i've always been this way.

But at 3pm in the afternoon all I can do is think about sleep!

I wanted to upload a few pictures just for entertainments sake but I'm not sure which ones to use because I'm not real sure what this post is about.

I got to hold the most precious little bitty baby, I say little but he was 6lbs so that's pretty normal. I just never had one that tiny. He was so ethereal, so calm, and sleeping and snuggly. Oh it made my uterus shake with anticipation of another baby.

BUT. I know we need to wait. Or maybe stop at two. Benji would have ten so it's entirely my decision which is good and bad. I go back and forth all the time.

This weekend Benji sent the kids to his parents so I could rest, while he worked hard at our churches Hispanic ministries annual event all day Saturday.

We had a great weekend. Friday we had dinner with old high school and college friends who live here now. We had a BLAST. There is just something about reconnecting with people who knew you "when" ya know....I mean Benji and Hugh (the other husband) have been friends since they were like 15. I met Hugh around 17 and his now wife, Hollie, I met in college. We reminisced and told our "how we ended up together" stories about our marriages and ate TONS of sushi.

Saturday Benji worked all day, so I tried to sleep in a little. I finished my very FIRST book since Jesse was born. 14 months! It was great and a great feeling to actually read something from beginning to end.

When the kids were finally back in our nest on Sunday night I had such a full feeling. A feeling sometimes I forget. I had it again today. I just adore my kids and husband so much. It is SO good and healthy for Benji and I to be able to spend a weekend together while our kids get to know and love their grandparents.

I have a post already started about how I cut our grocery bill in half this past month. Ill try and go ahead and get that one finished. I did it without coupons and with out shopping in dingy grocery stores that I don't like. :)

I'm hoping that I can cut it by $100 more next month, but we will see. I was spending a lot y'all and didn't realize it. In this budget we included all our eating out money as well, date night, chickfila runs, McDonald's lunch, etc....so the biggest change I made was making sure we ate lunch at home. Which is healthier and tons cheaper.

BUT more on that later. I know you all are dying to hear my secrets.....cutting it in half is a major accomplishment AND we used the cash only system alla' Dave Ramsey style. I was reluctant and pouty at first, but I did it!

No comments: