Welllll......we've been/ I've been doing pre-tty good.
Somedays are harder than others. The days that I want to "cook" something special, want to run to the grocery and buy ingredients. I don't. I use what I have, to cook something that is acceptable for us all.
I've cut the budget by 100 more bucks last month and this week I'm going to try and cut it back down 50 more dollars. That will put us at 450 bucks a month on food. Which means no Chick-fil-A, no pizza, no take out or date night whatever.
Once we get our budget under control we will try and add date night back in as a separate category.
We have talked and talked about getting rid of cable which is a significant amount of our monthly budget.
But, honestly with me being at home all day every day with the kids AND Benji heading to Brazil, I just don't think cutting out Nick jr is best for my sanity right now.
I'll be honest. This has been harder/easier than I thought. The hard part is the staying at home and not "running to Chick-fil-a " just to kill time. It's not necessarily the FOOD that is disappointing me. It's the staying home more because I can't spend money when I leave so what's the point!???? haha
I really do enjoy the trying to pull together a nutritious meal out of random ingredients challenge.
I've lost weight. We are eating better and our budget is slowing seeing improvement.

No comments:
Post a Comment