Saturday, April 2, 2011

One Month of Meals

So no secret here, I just had a baby!

My friends. MY AMAZING friends set up and brought me meals every other night for an entire month!

If you've had a baby you know how important, precious, loved, needed this is!

There is no way to find time to shop for food let alone cook it. I am forever grateful to these girls who took the time out of their busy lives, took time away from their own families to minister to mine.

If you brought us food you know who you are and I LOVE YOU! I probably loved you before, but ya know...ha! I love you even more now. :)

Anywhoo... One meal we were fed I've made since then. So yummy and so easy I want to share.

Crock Pot Cubed Steak

Two packages of cubed steak (about 6 pieces, this fed 4 but we are big eaters!)
Flour
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (or 1 can of the big size if you can find it)
veg oil for browning meat

salt and pepper steak, coat in flour and brown in medium heat skillet until just browned on both sides. (you don't cook it all the way through)

place cubed steak in crock pot, pour soup over top and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.

yall for real it is so tender and so good! Serve with mashed potatoes and biscuits. HOLLER!

And I was reminded of this recipe from when we were brought meals in Kentucky when Emery was born.

Lady & Sons Chicken in Wine Sauce

4 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
4 tablespoons melted butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 ounces (about 8 slices) Swiss cheese
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup white wine
1 cup herb-flavored stuffing mix
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Layer the cheese slices on top. In a medium bowl, add the soup and the wine, season with salt and pepper and pour over the cheese. Add stuffing mix on top and drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.

1 comment:

Diana Oedy said...

Wow!! That is so great that you got so many meals. After our second was born we didn't get any meals, zero. My Mom was here for a few days after the baby was born, but then we were on our own. Josh went back to work the day after he was born (when I was still in the hospital). Meals would have been so helpful! This encourages me to want to bring meals to more people I know after giving birth!!