Friday, August 27, 2010

Ginger Snaps, HELLO!

I just made the most amazing cookies ever. I'm not a great baker. Benji takes that title in this house. Not that I can't, I just usually don't have the patience for all the measuring and waiting.

But I made these today, pretty simple and they were worth every measurement!

My house smells so amazing right now, I'd almost make these just to have the aroma, which is better than any candle out there.

Now if the weather would just follow with cooler temps we'd be all set for fall.

p.s I found this on the Fly Through Our Window Blog, and she found it in a Jr. League Cookbook.

Gingersnaps

2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ginger
3/4 cup butter-flavor shortening
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
sugar to roll cookies in

Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger together. Cream the shortening and 1 cup of sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the molasses and egg and beat well. Add the flour mixture and mix well. Roll into small balls, adding additional flour if necessary to make the dough easy to handle. Dip in sugar and place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.

No comments: