Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Why I Love Louisville


Today I had to do something I have been dreading for weeks. I finally went to get my drivers license renewed. Many of you know that in Georgia and in South Carolina, (the two states I lived in before Kentucky) this is an all day event. In Ga and SC you literally have to take the entire day to stand in line and beg to be helped.

Now when we moved here 4 years ago we planned to spend the whole day doing all the car and license stuff that is necessary to live in a new state. I remember vaguely that it was not as painful as we had thought.

But today I was reminded again of one of the many reasons why I stinkin love Louisville.

On my list of 50,000 things to do before Emery arrives, getting my drivers license renewed was one that was really stressing me out. So I decided today after my Dr. appt. I would stop by the drivers license place....I arrived at approximately 1:40pm..... at 1:55pm I was sitting in my car admiring my pleasantly plump face in the picture on my renewed drivers license! 15 minutes. Seriously. Why I love Louisville.

In other news, we had a good check up today. Emery is indeed presenting head down, ready for delivery. I was already aware of her position because I can feel her fat butt up in my ribs! My Doctor estimated that she already weighs 6 and 1/2 to 7lbs. With about 4 weeks to go I think I will probably be winning the bet with the guess that she will come out at 8lbs even!

I'm not dilated or effaced any yet, but will continue to be checked every week until the due date. My strep test also came back negative, which is good.

Benji's class is over tomorrow. Then he will just have....oh, 5 papers to write for the class and then he will be officially done with seminary!

No word on the fate of my Starbucks yet, but we will know by Friday either way.

All is good for now, we are just waiting on Emery!

1 comment:

Annette said...

Be very glad the test came back negative. The penicillin they give you through IV is very very very painful and lasts about 5 minutes! OUCH! IT hurt worse than the labor pains but I eventually had an epidural so I am not sure what the final contractions feel like.