We are 2 and 1/2 weeks away from Emery's due date. I have officially given up on trying to focus on anything but daydreaming about this baby. I go from anxious to excited, back to anxious about a 1,000 times a day.
I'm lucky if I sleep four hours a night. A woman's body totally gets you ready to have a screaming baby up all night, because I've been up all night for the past 3 days....
Why you ask? Because I am confident that this baby is 50 lbs. and lying down (in any position) seems to cut the blood flow off from my head. Seriously, I will finally get comfortable, doze off, then awaken suddenly to dizziness and seeing spots. So I turn over to the opposite side, and repeat....and it's like that the entire night.
Just a few short weeks ago I was all like " I don't want any medication for pain or to speed up delivery..."
Now I am so exhausted I just want this child out of my body. Into the pack in play next to me. And I would like for it happen as fast and as painless as possible.
We went to the Dr. again yesterday. Her head has dropped even farther since the last visit, which made for a much more painful exam than last week! Emery's heartbeat sounded faster than usual and the Dr. said it was because she probably startled her when she felt her head! I wasn't dilated any, which was kind of disappointing, but the Dr. did say that my cervix is very thin.
I also met with the pediatrician this week. I like them and think they will be a good fit for us.
My Starbucks is not closing. Which is good, it would have been sad. My last day is Saturday and I am so ready.
But now I must go, because I do have to work today!
Back to waiting and daydreaming.
3 comments:
i am so excited for you. you will be the best mom ever. i miss your hilarious and most candid nature ... you are loved!
Is her due date on your wedding anniversary? Don't be surprised if she comes late. Many times the first does come late. It sucks too. When Bay didn't come on that famous day that I had been waiting 9-10 mths for it was a bit depressing. She came a week later. June came a week early. I knew she would because she felt like she was about to fall out and I was losing my mucus plug. Bay never felt like she was going to fall out.Anyway, I can't wait! Let me know if you need anything.
...Starbucks misses Kristi!
NGU was hit by a tornado.
Hope everything is going well. :)
Post a Comment