So 10 days left.
Still waiting. I am really enjoying my time off from work. I miss all my friends, and all the free lattes, but it is good to be able to take a nap when I need to.
And to catch up on Project Runway and Flipping Out. I'm getting my "toes done" today, (which is what we Georgia girls call a pedicure). Hopefully this will be the last time I have to get them done before Emery arrives.
I don't want to have to stare at ugly toes while I'm pushing......
We went to the Dr. yesterday, again, I am 50% effaced or thinned out. Which means about as much as it sounds that it means, nothing. But at least I'm heading in the right direction. The Dr. finally said what I've been saying this whole time, that this girl is big.
She decided "just for kicks" (her words) to do an ultrasound to see how big Ms. Emery actually is.
Well measuring weight with ultrasounds is a tricky process I've been told. They can usually be off by a pound either way. But since my Emery is perfect in every way, she allowed the technician to measure her in all the right spots.
So the ultrasound tech said that she was pretty sure her measurements were accurate.
As of today Emery is weighing in at 8lbs 3 oz. Seriously.
She could technically stay put for 2 more weeks, which would add on about another lb. (Babies gain about a 1/2 lb a week in the last weeks).
Needless to say, Benji and I don't make no sissy babies......
She is gonna be a chunk.
I'm pretty sure she is crushing my rib cage. Which could possibly puncture my heart, which would explain why the blood doesn't reach my head when I lay down......
She better come out soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment