Sunday, July 6, 2008

Romans 8:28



Life has a crazy way of, well....being crazy!

I'm 4 weeks away from my due date.

I feel like Emery is literally 20lbs and will come any day.

I start going to the Dr. every week this week.

Benji starts taking his LAST class tomorrow, so hopefully she will hold off for a week.

Benji is still looking for a job.

We will have to sell our house, fast, when he finds this illusive job.

My Starbucks may be closing.... we won't know until this Friday. Not really sure how this will affect my maternity leave, but it does mean Benji has to have a job by October 6.

I am STILL working 30 hours a week. Making lattes doesn't seem like much physical labor...but when you are holding up 40 extra pounds, standing for hours at a time is not fun.

We have so much going on, but in the midst of all our craziness we are confident and secure in knowing that no matter what God is in control.

Romans 8:28-31 is the verse that we chose as Emery's life verse. A verse that we will be able to look to in guiding her and directing her path in life.

I painted the verse and have put in on the wall in her nursery. When I get overwhelmed with all that is going on, which has been many times lately, I sit in her room and read and re- read this verse.

We have been so blessed these past four years in Louisville. God has brought us through many trials, and still allowed us to complete our studies and has blessed us more than we deserve. With all that is beginning and ending in the next few months we realize that all the things are ultimately for our good and for the glory of God. We are looking forward to what the future holds.

Please pray for a healthy, fast and natural delivery, pray for Emery to be healthy and able to nurse properly! Please pray for God to provide Benji with a job that will be able to provide for our family and will allow him to serve the local church, proclaim the gospel and disciple believers.


2 comments:

Dana said...

It is so hard to trust, isn't it?? I don't know why I never learn that lesson, and why it always feels fresh every time I hear it. Every time I read that scripture in Romans it amazes me. Keep trusting - He has something amazing in store for the Ladd family! Can't wait to meet little Emery! She has such a cool mama.

Casey said...

I love the painting.....what a great idea! We love all 3 of you and are praying for God's good and perfect will in your lives. Kevin wanted you to know that since you live far away, we won't feel awkward stealing your painting idea! However, we would gladly trade the stolen idea for you to move closer......sigh!