I've never been one to freak out over germs and cleanliness. Don't get me wrong, I love a clean house and a shower. I like to be clean, have a slight addiction to perfumes and lotions, but I've never been one to wash my hands 50 times a day..... until now.
Recently I developed a fear of shaking hands during the greeting at church. It really is pointless. For a church like Riverbend everybody has been talking for 20 minutes anyway. For a church like the one we go to now the people I sit around are people I will never see again and it's just something that you do out of obligation.
When Benji is a pastor we will not have a time of "shaking the hand of the person beside you..."
Purell has become my closest friend at church.
I have also decided this week that buffet style dining is something I will no longer be participating in. Last Friday, (the night Benji ran out of gas) we ate at a buffet style restuarant. Benji wanted to go to our favorite sandwhich place for a quick meal. I however, being the pregnant, somewhat gluttonous, hungry woman I am suggested that we go to this random place we have never been. I knew it was cheap and I knew that I could get alot more food for about the same price.
As soon as we sat down, I knew that it was a mistake, but we had to pay at the door before we ate, so it was too late.
I walked to the salad bar and thought to myself, "I am so goind to get the flu from eating here...." You know, it was busy, it was friday night, and there were alot of people grabbing at serving spoons. All those people touching the same spoons with unwashed hands....serving themselves big heaping piles of all you can eat mashed potatoes and chicken. It's just not sanitary, so I won't be doing it again.
That was on Friday. Sunday I woke up with a cough, that progressed into a major head cold, or the flu, whatever it has been nasty. Today is Saturday and my fever finally broke last night.
My gluttonous ways led to my weak of misery.
Don't eat at buffets. And don't shake hands at church.
No comments:
Post a Comment