Sunday, March 23, 2008

Is It 4:15 again?



The great 80's movie Flight of the Navigator is on T.V. right now and it is taking me back....way back.

This week I was so exhausted. I worked 40 hours, with 4 of the 5 days getting up at 4:15....a.m. that is. I know that most pregnant women work the entire time they are pregnant, but it is really hard for me to get up at 4:15, and then stand for basically eight hours.

I woke up one morning this week with cramps in my legs and stomach so bad I thought for a minute I might be in pre term labor.... but I wasn't I was just so sore from standing the day before....

My mom told me I should exercise, but you know... that's probably not going to happen.

So that's my pity party. I just took alot of Tylenol this week and slept when I wasn't at Starbucks.

I'm actually getting kind of sad about leaving work in 4 months. There are alot of things I won't miss, but many more things that I will. I've spent four long years of my life out in the Prospect Starbucks.

Hebrew is going as expected. Benji and I are both taking it online so it is easy to remember to do stuff, but we are so not motivated anymore! I've got 5 quizzes and one test left until I am officially a graduate of Southern Seminary.

Benji is still working hard driving the cheese full time and taking 4 classes.

Since I've been pregnant he has picked up some great dinner ideas. He has become quite the cook. He's always been the baker in the house, but now he can also make some mean dinners.

The fact that he bakes cakes all the time does not help my fear of gaining 70 pounds while pregnant....

Benji is still sending out resumes almost every week. We are hopeful and anxious to know where we will be this time next year.

We have met with our real estate agent and plan on putting our condo on the market some time in July. We are just praying that the timing works out with Benji finding a job, Emery coming into our lives, and selling our condo....all in the same few months!

We are going to try and register soon for some baby stuff. I have to admit the task seems a little overwhelming. I have no idea where to start with strollers, car seats, etc.....

It snowed a little today, again. I am ready for some sun and sand.

That is about all the updates for now... we are just working hard, studying a little, waiting on sunshine and of course.... waiting on Emery.

2 comments:

Riley said...

I loved Flight of the Navigator! Thanks for the update on your lives.

Kathi said...

The book Baby Bargains is awesome! I will give you mine when you come over spring break. It tells you the best items and the most cost efficient. We were using this book to pick things out and it seemed to be right on target for everyone's favorite things.
Ohh...I bought Emery a few things this weekend! Too cute! I'll give it to you when you come because it is too cute to hold on to for several more months!