Thursday, January 10, 2008

10,11 whatever


(This image is of an 11 week old baby.) Finally! today we got to hear the heartbeat of our baby! It was a very exciting, nervous time. My appointment was at 7:45am so we were tired, (and I of course was hungry) when we got there. I went back first and peed in a cup again. Im assuming that this will become a ritual every time I go to the doctor. Maybe they are making sure Im still pregnant? Maybe they are making sure Im not on crack? Who knows! Anyway they weighed me as well, which is also going to take getting used to. I have been programed since pre-teens to want the number on the scale to go DOWN and it is going to be steadily going up.

Then I went to get Benji and bring him back to the exam room. Our doctor was a cute, tiny, young woman who I will see again in 4 weeks. I really liked her and she comforted my anxiety. I had my unfortunate "woman exam" first which I learned is going to happen again in 3 months. I guess having people look around down there is something else Im going to have to get used to. along with peeing in the cup and weight going UP!

Then she put that little machine on my belly and we heard it! It was really fast and really loud. We only heard one, Benji's dad has been saying all along that we were having a 'Max and a Maxine."

We also learned that they are saying that I am actually 10 weeks and 5 days. We had calcutated that I was 11 weeks and 5 days. We will get a more accurate timeline once we have our first ultrasound. Trust me there isnt that much room for error, because it didnt take us long at all to "get" pregnant.

As for me, Ive been feeling like Ive been hit by a truck. I am so thankful that I had the entire winter break to be nauseous and tired and grumpy and forgetful. Starting about week 6 until about well now (Im still not 100%) I have been basically nauseous all day every day. The night time is definately the worst. and the mornings that I have to be at work at 5 am are pretty unpleasant as well. Just the idea of steak makes me turn green. Salad, no way, Chicken I can handle sometimes. Dont get near me with a hamburger, eggs blah! Anything fried (besides french fries) yucky. Funny thing, the idea of crakers makes me want to run in the other direction. Some things I can eat are: macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, potato chips, french fries, pasta, chicken noodle soup, cottage cheese, orange juice, fruit, lemodade makes me smile, and cheese danishes!
All things white I say, just give me all things white.

Okay so I guess thats enough for now. An exciting day I tell ya. I think I also decided today to take my last seminary class online next semester. I only have Hebrew syntax left. Benji is taking it online so we could watch our lessons together, and I wouldnt have to drive up to school twice a week for just one class. Im kind of sad about not being on campus next semester, but I think that the pros will out weigh the cons. I also will be able to make my Dr. apt. so that Benji can go with me.

Excited and thankful,
Kristi (and vicariously Benji)

No comments: