Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February 14, 2005

February 14, 2005 was NOT a good day. 

It's taken me awhile to get back into even thinking about wanting to celebrate the day. 

2005, on Valentines Day my Dad had a stroke and died 5 days later. I remember that day like it was yesterday. 

I can't help but think of that day every time this holiday rolls around.  Time has eased the sting of the actual day and I can enjoy it again, mainly through the eyes of Emery and the innocent joy she has over any holiday where you get candy. :) 

February 19 he passed, 21st was his funeral. 

Jesse was born on the 23rd. I was so SO nervous he was going to come early and end up being born on the 19th or the 21st...

Thankfully he wasn't and now the 23rd is another day in February that is redeeming the month for me. 

Today was a great day. I went to bible study this a.m..., then came home to a clean kitchen (that Benji cleaned before heading to work), 2 dozen roses, chocolates and an adorable OWL card. 

LOVELY. 

Emery had dance this afternoon. After dance I was planning on cooking dinner but Benji came home from work and said he was taking the kids to the grocery to get steaks to cook for dinner. 

I said OKAY! 

We had a great night, kids crying, dogs barking, Emery and Jesse laughing and playing, bath time and finally bed time. 

I love my family and am so thankful that the LORD has blessed me with such a full home. I never take a second for granted. I may not LOVE every second but I definitely appreciate them all. Good and bad. 




No comments: