Saturday, July 2, 2011

We're Back!







We had a blast at camp with the youth last week. Benji's mom went with me again this year to keep the kids while I went to the services. I am SO SO SO thankful for her! She is the most loving, amazing, caring mother in law ever! If you ever want to know why I have such an awesome husband, you only have to look to his mom. I don't think she will ever realize how much it meant to me to be able to spend time with Benji and the youth.

One of my struggles in this season of life is that I want to be able to help Benji in ministry so much more than I do. I get so frustrated because I desire to serve along side of him with the youth but I also know that my primary calling in life right now is to serve him by raising our kids.

My mission field is my home right now. Investing in Emery and Jesse, two of the most precious souls in the universe.

I know that once our kids are older I will be able to be more involved. So it was so wonderful to get to know some of the youth better and to refocus my heart on Christ. The mundane routine of life as a stay at home mom gets me down sometimes. I was reminded this week that I am so blessed that this is my purpose in life right now and that this is my act of service.

No comments: