I can't do it. Not this time.
There is something about this child that I can not let him cry it out.
And actually we never did it much with Emery. At least not until she was over a year old and just "crying" for attention or fighting sleep, being defiant.
I confess. I'm a fraud. I preach this book so much! haha! And I do believe in it's key points as to why kids/babies need sleep.
Jesse is doing okay. Not awesome but not terrible. He goes to sleep great, no rocking, he is self soothing, uses a paci (which is another baby wise no no). He just isn't making it much longer than 5 hours a night yet.
He has made it 11 to 6 on occasion. He did it for a good while, long enough for me to think it may be routine....But it didn't last.
Then these dag gum teeth started coming in. I'm serious he has got a mouth full of swollen gums. I'm surprised he has done as good as he has.
So when I say we are tired. I really mean it. I am so so so tired.
Those people who's babies sleep through the night at 6 weeks.
I hate them.
Really.
Jesse had PEAS today!!!!
He had cereal (with a pinch of bananas, shhh) last week. So tonight I tried some peas.
He has actually done way better than Emery ever did. I started with her at this age and had to quit and start her back at six months. Jesse is all about it though. He seems to really like it.
I can't explain how glad I am Benji is home now. I just feel so incomplete when he isn't here. I know that sounds corny. But really my life is just better with him here.
Please pray for my friend Rebecca. This is her caring bridge page.
My heart is so heavy for her and her family. She has a son Emery's age and is a single mom. Pray that she wakes up. With every ounce of faith you have, pray that God sees fit to allow her to wake up.
2 comments:
My son is 1 1/2 & I swear the first year of his life he slept horribly. I was a walking zombie... It DOES get better!! I was spoiled with his sister, who slept through the night pretty much since we brought her home. Hang in there!
I'm convinced that no one book or method is perfect or works for every baby, all the time. Take what seems right for you and your kiddo and leave the rest. You're the best expert on Jesse. :)
Post a Comment