Monday, March 21, 2011

Operation: Get Myself Together

I am fruuuummpeeey.

I've got to get it together! Being stuck in the house for a month does nothing for your self confidence let me tell ya!

Not only does my body look like a deflated whale, I'm lucky if I get my teeth and hair brushed every day.

So I'm making a hair appointment to get a cut and some color to hopefully jump start my return to the real world!

For a stay at home mom it's easy to get stuck in the mind set that appearance doesn't matter, because you've got "nowhere to go or anyone to impress". I struggle with this BIG TIME especially after having a baby.

After waiting 9 months for the big day, it's kind of a let down once the baby comes and there isn't this huge life change to look forward to anymore.

I've found myself thinking, "what is there to look forward to now??"

Benji's going to The Masters in April, has his DNow coming up, his beloved turkey season, golf season... TWO beach trips AND Brazil in June, NOW THAT is something to look forward to!

I get to look forward to staying home by myself while he's gone! Yes!

Okay, Okay I know. No body wants to hear me complain. But this is my blog and this is where I am today.

I know it gets better, I know this is my choice and just a season in life. I know how fast it goes. I just have to remember to take it day by day, because if I look at the big picture it gets way overwhelming.

No comments: