Emery has found my affection for Jelly Belly Jelly Beans. She really just likes to carry them around, letting the color melt off into her hands. She calls them "bean beans". I think it is so cute when she says it that I have to give her one.
So when I saw our new little one for the first time yesterday, I immediately thought of Emery saying bean bean.
With Emery I never had an ultrasound this early. (It is standard here at my Dr. in Greenville, but it wasn't in Ky.) It was exciting to see the little one and to already hear the heartbeat.
If I'm being honest I'd say I'm a tad bit more excited this time around. Probably because I know what to expect. I adore Emery and to think that I get to have another one is just beyond blessing. I am also so excited about her having a sibling. She is such a little mother already.
I'm also still pretty nervous. It's just my nature to be anxious. I know, I know....I've been working on it.....oh my entire life. If I remember right I think the nerves got better once I could feel Emery moving. I focused on it all day, everyday.
My friend Casey and I joke about needing to stay off the Internet when we are pregnant, because all the tragic, horrible, rare disease, birth trauma stories are posted on the Internet for every expecting mom to find.
We are finally home for a reasonable amount of time. I think that when this summer is over I'll be ready for fall. We've had a blast but basically have been gone an entire month out of this summer. On top of being knocked up, I'm exhausted!
1 comment:
CONGRATS! I didn't know!
Post a Comment