I have had a lot to be thankful for in 30 years.
I've traveled more than I could have ever imagined. I've spent the last seven years married to my best friend in the whole world. I've loved getting to study at three, yes three! of the best schools around....and I'm about a month away from giving birth. I am a girl that has been given much more than I deserve.
Plus I have a really cute dog that loves me.
The past couple of months have been so busy! Finishing school, graduating, traveling back and forth to Georgia for vacations, and showers....beginning the process of moving, making a nursery for Emery, preparing for Emery, going to the doctor for Emery....spending 30 hours a week at the bux, and of course putting on 40lbs in 9 months....
And I am developing a human.
Needless to say, I decided that for my birthday I wanted to just chill.
I got to sleep late. Went shopping (for Emery). When Benji got off work we went to eat at Sapporo. Sapporo is a great Japanese restaurant that has amazing sushi.
Now sushi is something that is near and dear to my heart. I can't think of one certain food that I love more than sushi, except maybe french fries.
I haven't had sushi for over a year. One, because it's not necessarily conducive to winter weather, and two, because pregnant women are NOT suppose to eat raw fish.
Recently though I started having this major craving for Sushi. I was so depressed and disappointed....then I realized all sushi isn't raw fish! Many sushi dishes are vegetarian and many are made with cooked or fried fish! mmmmm.....
So I finally satisfied one of the only cravings I've had this whole pregnancy. and boy was it worth it.
Here are some pictures from my birthday. My mom got me a kickin coffee maker that grinds the beans right before it brews, which is the freshest way to enjoy coffee.
Benji got me some pottery from Louisville Stoneware. Louisville Stoneware is an old Louisville business that makes, paints and fires all their own stoneware. Each piece is unique and one of a kind, something I have been wanting to collect before we have to leave our beloved Louisville!
I had a wonderful day turning 30, with three of my favorite things.... Sushi, coffee and Benji. What a lucky girl.
One of the coffee mugs from Louisville Stoneware.
The mother of all coffee makers.
A full and blessed 30 year old pregnant girl and her BFF.
3 comments:
I'm glad that you had a great 26th birthday! I'm jealous of the coffee maker. Despite the fact that I have one that I enjoy, everytime I go out somewhere I'm always amazed by the new coffee makers and try to talk Alexis into getting a new one. :)
So after you left yesterday a certain employee thought it would be a grand idea to use our board pens to write WELCOME TO STARBUCKS in HUGE letters on the counter between the two tills.
...why do you have to leave?
maybe i dont....
since it is now STARBUXS DAYCARE! I can just bring my kid. one more wont hurt, right?
And since it is also a afternoon facility for the elderly....I could possibly get my grandma to come and watch all the children play!
Post a Comment