Saturday was the shower and we had a great time. My sister Kathi, good friend Loria and my Mom hosted an amazing shower. We had most of Benji's family there and my closest friends from childhood, high school and college.
Sunday we spent some time with Benji's dad for father's day and then it was on the road again, back to the ville.
We have gotten most everything that we need for the arrival of Emery. She is one spoiled little girl already! We are planning to finish up the nursery this week. I'll start washing clothes and sheets next week and packing hospital bags....oh my!!!
I go to the doctor tomorrow and am taking a breastfeeding class tomorrow night at the hospital. I'd have to say that breastfeeding is the thing that I am most nervous about. I just really want to do it and am nervous that I won't be able to do it right.
Okay, so I'm a little nervous about not sleeping for two months as well but I know there is no class I can take for that.
Emery is moving like crazy. She is making me very uncomfortable now, but I don't mind at all. I know that all those jabs and punches are signs of a healthy, growing baby.....she was particularly fond of these mini cupcakes we had at the shower.
Finally, this is a picture taken at the shower of all my bridesmaids from my wedding, seven years later! I say we haven't changed a bit! It was so good to see all my friends....
2 comments:
Advice from someone who's been there (fairly recently). Take it or leave it, 'cause pregnancy advice gets pretty annoying after a while.
1. Babies know how to breastfeed. If you really want to, and you're committed to it, it will most likely work out. If not, the most important thing is that Emery gets all the nutrition she needs. That's what they make breast pumps and formula for. Don't stress it.
2. Babywise. Best book ever. Abby slept through the night at 5 weeks, and has been a super easy baby, and I'm convinced it's due to a lot of the principles of this book that we've put into practice (and maybe partly because of her pleasant disposition).
3. Don't de-tag and wash all your clothes just yet. You'll be amazed at how quickly she'll grow out of newborn stuff, and it's great to be able to return some stuff she's grown out of to get what you really need. For the record, Gerber stuff is cut smaller than Carters, and Circo (the target brand) is cut huge. So Gerber newborn stuff will be your smallest, and Carters newborn stuff is the same size as Gerber 0-3 month things.
You're going to be a great mom, and obviously God thinks so, since He's giving you guys one of His little ones to take care of. Enjoy!
i just teared up as i looked at the beautiful familiar faces in this picture. i haven't seen any of you in so very long. wish i could give you a hug!
Post a Comment