Friday, April 25, 2008

I'm just sayin.....

Okay. I'll probably get a lot of slack for this one. But I just saw something on Fox news that kind of irritates me.

Gas prices are high. I hate paying 3.66 for gas. I hate that Benji needs 80 dollars worth of gas a week to work.

But.

They just had a clip about a church in D.C. having prayer vigils at gas stations so that God would lower the gas prices.....

Their prayer went something like this..... "Oh Lord, our hearts are full and our pockets are empty, our people are hungry....."

Really? your pockets are empty? There was not one person standing in that prayer circle that was under 200 lbs, they were dressed in nice suits and clean clothes, standing next to their nice car.....

Benji and I are going out for dinner tonight. We went out last week too.

I'm just saying that until we can't EAT OUT. Until we can't afford COFFEE everyday. Until we can't buy DOG FOOD. Until we can't afford CABLE, INTERNET, CELL PHONES, which are all luxury items to the rest of the world.....'

Gas prices may be annoying. But we can afford it. I'm just sayin......

5 comments:

Alexis said...

AGREED! Did you know that just by living in the United States we are automatically in the top 5% of the richest people in the world no matter what our income is? As a missionary to be your post made me happy...happy enough that I just did some form of an Irish Jig. :)

Did you see Lucy's pics from her trip to the Dominican Rep.? The little kids they were with were literally hanging out barefoot in a river of garbage. And in the background was a massive mountain of trash. Some of the kids go onto that mountain of trash to find things to clean and then sell. thats how their family makes a living.

The Cooks said...

Amen. If, however, the prayer works and the gas prices suddenly plummet, then I am packing up my family, we are leaving Southern and going to join the church of either Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyer, TD Jakes, or Rod Parsley.

Kristi said...

whats wrong with joyce meyers?

is it b/c shes a woman?

just kidding.....

i know shes not really a woman.

Alexis said...

This one time TD Jakes came to speak at Redemption World Outreach in Greenville and something like 60 million people came to hear his crap. I blame this on the churches pastor...the APOSTLE Ron Carpenter. If Joyce is NOT a woman then I'll go ahead and say that the Apostle is a woman just for the heck of it.

The Cooks said...

Joyce is a very manly woman.