Y'all thought I was gonna get all theological on y'alls behinds....haha. Well that aint me. I mean I LOVE theology. I live it. Speak it. Know it. But I also know and appreciate young, imaginative minds. Children who love to read. Who devour books in a day....that was me when I was a pre-teen. I read and read and read and I am so glad my parents never encouraged me other wise. I also played outside a ton. actually I read outside a ton. Life was good and I have forever had a love affair with books.
BUT after the past twelve years.....
I'm just REAAAAADDDDDDD OUUTTTTTTT.
No for real.
The first problem was/is when I was pregnant with Emery I was finishing up my last semester in seminary, earning my Masters of Divinity in Theology.
I read A LOOOOOOT. Like a real lot. more than anyone who hasn't been in seminary AT SOUTHERN seminary could understand. This aint no pseudo seminary, where you can get your degree totally online in whatever. This is a true, for real, musty halled seminary. With real real smart professors. and real real smart students. A whole lot smarter than me.
I went just because I love school. I love Jesus. I love to learn more about Jesus. I also love to read. (annnndddd.....I didn't want my husband to be smarter than me). For real.
Anyway once I graduated, had Emery, moved to South Carolina, started my role as a side kick to Benji's ministry I found not one ounce of time to read unless it was in the bathroom.
And that reading usually consisted of People or US weekly. OR if I was lucky and feeling really cultured I would read one of the Southern Livings my friend Jocelyn had handed down to me.
Occasionally I would find a blog that sucked me in. (I consider that reading, hello! even if it is stalking).
Once I settled in as a new SAHM I was stuck with day time television and watching Emery bounce for hours in her exersaucer. One of my friends introduced me to Twilight, the series.
I LOVED Twilight. New Moon was actually my favorite. But I struggled getting passed those two.
Life set in, I got the last two in the series and got hooked on other books.
Then I got pregnant with Jesse. That ended my reading streak. Up until now. The last book I read was The Help, it was amazing and kind of left everything else I tried to pick up seem futile.
Now I want to, REALLY want to finish the Twilight series and see the movies. AND then start the Hunger Games and see the movies. I've got so many dreams...haha. reading two books. I will achieve this goal!

No comments:
Post a Comment