Friday, August 19, 2011

Kid Free and .....sleeping.


Friends, I have so much to say!!! I have drafts of posts saved that should be completed this weekend but I don't know if it will get done.

My M.I.L (whom I adore) called Benji today to see if she could have the kids for the weekend.

HE TOLD HER NO!!!!! haha

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MENNNNN!!!????

You never, ever, tell the grand parents no. EVER. Emery had a birthday party to go to tomorrow and her first day in a new Sunday School class....doesn't matter. Unless she is having surgery, she can go to her grandparents house! ha!

So anyway. We are kid free for the weekend. I have to say, I have been feeling like I really needed a break recently. I am so so so tired. I feel like I complain about that alot but until you have a new born and a two/three year old you just can't comprehend the fatigue that is involved. THEN add in that my husband is a super busy youth pastor who is fiercely devoted to his job (as he should be), we are wiped out.

We had our 10 year anniversary a few days ago. Did I mention it here??? Can't remember. I can't remember anything lately.

I am having surgery on Tuesday. Praise the LORD. My gall bladder is coming out. I haven't felt "right" since Emery was born.

Hopefully this will cure all my problems and I will be a new woman.

I am planning on starting my diet/new way of life after my surgery. Many of you know that I lost a considerable amount of weight a few year before Emery was born, then I lost around 40lbs after Emery was born.

This time around I need to lose about 40/50 pounds again.. :(

But I am slowly getting emotionally and mentally prepared to make the changes I need to to lose the weight.

I know exactly what I need to do. I know it isn't rocket science.

EAT LESS, EXERCISE MORE. If you burn more calories than you take in you lose weight.

Sigh....

Jesse is doing so good now in the area of sleep. Ironically, I quit trying to give him solid foods and we started sleeping through the night. around 11 to 630... We had started feeding him baby food and he started waking up again every 3 hours.

NOT fun. So I quit with the baby food and will start back soon.

I had to do the exact same thing with Emery. I started with her around 4/5 months and had to quit and start again around 6/7 months.

Hopefully this is a sign of him regulating himself. Emery did the same thing around this age.

I have a post saved in the draft folder that deals with sleep issues. I confess I can't do the CIO method with the babies. It works for us as a family once they are past the age of 1...(once they are on solid food completely) but until then I just can't bring myself to do it that way... but that is another post for another day.

Benji has moved his sleeping self to the bed so I guess it is officially bed time!

No comments: