Thursday, November 5, 2009

Why We Are Here

I will have to be honest. Most days I am so scattered and busy, I forget to take time to realize how blessed we are to be working with the youth of Brushy Creek.

When we first moved back, Emery was still tiny, I reflected on how great it was to be back. But as my days have gotten busier with Emery I tend to get into a funk....wishing Benji was home more, wishing we had more time together......

Let me tell you there are a ton of jokes out there about how pastors don't have "real jobs"....but I am here to testify that they are always on call. They are never off work.

With all that said, it has taken a ton of adjustment for me. I never believed we would be busier after seminary, but we are!

This weekend, yes Halloween, we had a HUGE party for Benji's youth. We had about 40 youth in our home..... Needless to say I was reminded why we are in ministry. There is nothing in the entire world I would rather be doing.

We had a blast! It will definitely be an annual tradition.

Thank you GOD for allowing us to minister to these awesome teenagers.





No comments: