
I honestly can't remember where I read this/heard this, on The Today Show maybe, or in a magazine.....
But it is the greatest, most logical tip ever! I can't believe I haven't thought of this before.
I love to use fresh herbs whenever possible. This season I am growing Basil, Dill, Parsley, Chives and Oregano.
One herb that I use almost as much as I use Basil, is Cilantro. We love Mexican and I love to cook it!
The dilemma is that when I buy Cilantro I only use a few leaves. Then the rest of it goes to waste.
But this week I learned a tip! Just use the food processor to mince up the leftover herbs. Add a bit of water, and freeze in ice cube trays. Next time I need Cilantro I will just take one of the cubes out of the freezer, defrost it and have fresh herbs instantly!
I'm going to prune back my Basil and Dill this week and freeze some cubes for the winter........ Great tip of the day!
1 comment:
This is such an awesome tip!!! Love it!
Post a Comment