Emery gave Benji an early present by sleeping through the night!
I have read Baby Wise about six times since the ninth month of pregnancy. I was convinced that it would never work with us, but the past three nights Emery has slept from around 11pm until 730am! She'll be 10 weeks tomorrow, so she is right on schedule! Baby Wise says that between 8 and 12 weeks is when babies should start sleeping 6 to 8 hours a night.
I can not tell you how much this helps me. I'm the kind of girl that needs my sleep. I know, I know, everyone needs sleep. But seriously, I cried and cried the last month of being pregnant because I just knew that I would never sleep again.
Emery had her first round of immunizations this week. That was a sad day, but she did well, and seemed to have no reactions to the shots.
I have to say that I'm pretty sure I have the cutest, best baby in the world.
I'm getting used to this "stay at home" mom thing, and I'm starting to like it more and more. I was worried about that as well. I went from working full time in a very social environment, going to school full time and studying constantly, to basically staying in the house all day. It definitely took some getting used to, but I think Im really going to enjoy it!
The presidential debate was pretty annoying last night. They were like two little kids tattle telling on each other all night.
I still catch myself feeling guilty sometimes when I'm watching t.v, I feel like I should be studying something.... Here are some more pics that my friend took.
Pray for us that this whole sleeping through the night thing sticks!

4 comments:
Give me your photographer friend's name. I want to take some photos of the girls and get a family photo.
Did you see the bald guy, in green shirt, sitting up front? That was Todd Smith the singer in the christian band Selah. Cool beans. Happy Birthday Benji! Give me your new address.
These pics are PERFECT! Happy Birthday Benji! And enjoy the break Kristi! Well, I guess it is not much of a break, but you know what I mean! Love ya!
Hey, I think you just know me from George's blog...I'm the liberal Rob Bell loving commenter.
...who's actually a great friend of George and Alexis.
And my husband as I (as well as the Bednars) used to live in Greenville, and my husband's grandparents have gone to your new church for many many years. I hope that you soon get to meet Ben and Peggie Killingworth, because they are amazing people.
Post a Comment