Last night I was having a "fat pregnant girl moment." I have been looking for a bathing suit for our beach trip in May. The search is not going well. Even the largest maternity suits at the maternity store seem to not fit me.
Last night before we got in the bed I was mumbling something about how fat I already was and how fat I was going to be in the end.
Benji, in all his wisdom and maturity said....."well at least it is a nice round belly. It is more like a 35 year old man with a beer gut......."
Seriously.
That was suppose to make me feel better.
I won't go into what was said after that comment.
I'm just warning all the loving husbands of pregnant women. Do not under any circumstances compare your pregnant, emotional, vulnerable, wife to a 35 year old man with a beer gut.
3 comments:
Benji, come on man, what were you thinking? Kristi, give him a break, maybe it was a tough day on the bus. I've heard stories! But seriously Benj, my mother-in-law has always said to focus on the baby, not the stomach. So, you could have said, it's not so much that you are getting fat, the baby is just getting bigger, which is a good thing. Anyway, you can pay me my nickel for this advice on the day you pick me up on Third Street for my bus ride.
Okay, now I don't feel so bad. Jeremy told me the other day that I looked like I had been beaten. I knew I looked rough, but goodness! Sometimes men just don't think. :)
This goes up there with the comment Chris said to me when I was 9 months pregnant, "I kinda like it..you know...the 2 of us"
What can I say, women are better than men.
-Loria
Post a Comment