Summer is coming! and it is moving fast already. Jesse and Hadley have one week left of MMO. Emery follows close behind and will be officially a 1st grader! I can not believe how fast her first year of school went. She has grown so much and has become such a little person. I love spending one on one time with her, I feel like we are soul mates. I love her so.
Hadley is finally walking. At 14 months I didn't think she would ever start but she has. Today she walked around the entire house, just like Frankenstein, with her arms out stretched in front of her. I love it so much. She has been a blast. I'm not saying my days haven't been hairy, LORD YES they have. But I am so glad we took the plunge and decided to add a 3rd into our mix.
All 3 of my kids constantly run their mouths. So no issue on the talking milestones. We've had a great start to spring with trips to Georgia to see family and tons of time spent here with friends.
On a sadder note, our dear closest friends on staff at our church are moving (just 45 minutes away) so that David can be the senior pastor at a church near Clemson. I am so excited for them, its their hometown, he is an amazing talented, gifted pastor, can sing AND preach like nobody's biznas and is one of the funniest, craziest guys you will meet. The worst part about it is he is taking his wife, my friend, with him. When we first moved here and started at the church they were so kind and gracious to us. David took Benji under his wing and showed him the ropes around the church. Jocelyn took me under her wing and showed me all the great shopping stops! ha. No really she has been the most encouraging person in my life for the past six years. The role of Minister's wife is a role like no other. Pastor's work Dr's hours, are always, always on call no matter what. They have mountains of expectations and responsibilities thrown on them everyday. They are excepted to be everywhere at once, all while being an example of a Godly husband, father, friend, shepherd, teacher, disciplinarian, etc....it is sometimes OVERWHELMING.
All that to say we would have not made it these first 6 years without the love and support of this family. Benji and I are happy, settled in and more confident now after six years. We will be okay without them, and we know it is for the best and we also know it is apart of ministry. But I would be lying if I didn't say there is a tiny whole in my heart where my friends the Kay's used to reside. I wish them nothing but success, and I know that will come. God be glorified in His work through David and Jocelyn.
So that's about caught all my faithful readers up with our life. I'm still working on getting this stay at home mom thing down. The mundane gets to me and somedays are still bad days. But I am doing so much better mentally and physically. I'm about to start working with a Naturopath/Nutritionist to see if I can continue to heal myself from the inside out. I've been on a long journey and so has my poor family. BUT it is what it is. Everyone has their battles. Thing are looking up and I'm excited about the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment