Sunday, June 2, 2013

My Mama's Chicken Pot Pie

Okay. This is HER recipe. I will make the notes on how I change it at the bottom, but I will post the original first.

Filling 
1 Chicken, cooked and cubed
1 can of cream of chicken soup (the big can)
3 cups of chicken broth
1 16 oz can of veg all, drained

Crust 
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup self rising flower

*she always, always doubled the crust recipe. I do too. But I'm terrible at math so you can figure that out  yourself.

Preheat oven to 450. Combine chicken, soup, broth and veg all. Pour into 9 x12 casserole dish. in a separate bowl mix all the Crust ingredients Pour crust mixture over filling mixture. DO NOT STIR. Bake for 45 mins or until crust is brown.

*I use usually two rotisserie chickens instead of preparing my own. and just frozen peas and carrots instead of veg all.  I always double the crust recipe b/c of left overs. Mine is usually done before 45 minutes so check it. Amen. 

No comments: