Okay I've gotten some of my routine back and some of my energy. I have gotten so old! I'm good at least for three years until I'll have the need to jet set again.
I used to get the travel bug every year. I think I'm done travelling for awhile....at least with a group of 20 18 year olds.
Serbia was AMAZING. Paris was everything I DREAMED.
It was so fun seeing the Hepners. Their blog is linked in my roll to the right. Please keep up with them and keep them in your prayers. They are an incredible couple with four adorable kids.
We focused on service projects during the week. We went with the intention of helping the Hepners in what ever way they needed.
The first day we visited the Gypsy village. They build their houses at the landfill. Out of landfill trash. Whatever they can find they use. They are scavengers in the most literal sense of the word.
We have no pictures of the experience because honestly we were all a little shell shocked and a little scared. We took them 200 loaves of bread, with intentions of sharing about the Bread Of Life.
A situation escalated and one of the Gypsy's began to threaten our group, so we had to leave quickly.
It was a very eye opening experience to say the least. I've seen a lot of poverty but this was the worst.....
No comments:
Post a Comment