Emery has the flu this week. Totally took me by surprise. The flu was not even on my radar....There's been a nasty stomach bug going around, but Emery goes and gets the flu! And she had the flu shot....sigh.
She has been so pitiful. Thankfully I got her to the Dr. in time for Tamiflu. Which I think has worked well. She finally slept all night last night and four hours for nap yesterday, after not napping or sleeping at all for two nights.
This was one tired family.
She's not eating great, or drinking. I've worried the most about getting fluids in her. So luckily for me, her granddaddy has taught her to LOVE eating ice chips. So we've been having a lot of this for snack.

On top of ice chips and sips of Frappuccinos, she's also eating about an apple a day. If I keep them in the fridge they are nice and cool and crunchy. With plenty of water in them, I've been more than happy to push these too.

As sick as she's been, she still asks to go outside about, oh, 100 times a day. We usually try to spend at least an hour outside each day. And spent probably a total of 2 hours outside yesterday, it was beautiful and was probably a good thing for her, but..... thankfully today it is raining.
We've been watching a lot of Nick Jr. I mean I can't even describe how pitiful this child is. Just think of the last time you had the flu. And she isn't even old enough to understand or talk about how she is feeling. Pitiful.
The Nick Jr. moose has been our friend this week.

Hopefully with the Tamiflu, Rx antihistamine/decongestant, and Motrin....we are on the mend!
No comments:
Post a Comment