Friday, December 18, 2009

It's Genetic

If you've known me long, the fact that I have a slight obsession with books is an understatement.

I love love love books.

I was the girl who never sold back my textbooks, because I loved them. I used to hate loaning out books, because I loved them. I would buy books anywhere I found them, because...you got it.....

I loved them.

Upon graduating from seminary/ having a baby, and buying our first real house (we owned a condo before, but all that means is we didn't get the 8,000 bucks from Obama when we bought our first real home) anywhoo..... after all that I decided it was time to downsize our book collection.

So I sold. And sold. And sold.....books in 3 yard sales. It was sad to see them go.

In my attempts to be "green" I have also made a commitment to not buy anymore books and to use my library.

Let me just tell you. I stinkin love my library.

It makes me actually read a book in a timely manner, because I know I have to return it as not to be charged. And we all know I won't be charged.

I'm frugal like that.

If you don't visit your library. Do. I cant' wait until Emery is old enough to check out books.

Did I mention that she has a slight obsession with books as well? If she could she would have me read her every book she has, all day everyday.

It's genetic. I know.

No comments: