Okay. Benji's out of town as I mentioned in my first post of the day.....
My apartment is clean because I had a New Years Eve party, dishes and laundry are done, Emery is asleep, No homework, nothing on T.V. , all my other friends have a life....so I'm binge blogging. 3rd one today.
One of my guilty pleasures is watching almost any reality T.V. program on Bravo. They have GREAT shows.
Flipping Out is one of the shows I love. The main guy is a house flipper...anyway, he is really OCD and eccentric.
He has personal assistants go get lunch, and he is always yelling at them, "No onions ever!" Evidently he hates onions.....
Which leads to my list of new year resolutions.
I've decided after 30 years of life that I don't like onions. I've always eaten them, and enjoyed the flavor in salads, on sandwiches, cooked in things, etc....but last week I thought to myself.... "you know I don't think I like onions, why do I eat them?"
I also recently decided this about scallops and brussel sprouts.
So resolution #1, No more onions.
Resolution #2, is the obvious. Lose this stinkin baby weight. I'm not going to go into it again, but I'm fat and I hate it.
Resolution #3, related to 2, I'm going to work out regularly. Benji and I were really good about working out a few years ago. It was a great stress reliever and I felt so good. One day while working out I blacked out. It scared me so bad I didn't go back for awhile, then I got pregnant....then I got old and fat.
Resolution #4, related to 3, make sure I get "me time". I don't need a lot, just maybe an hour a day. Working out will give me time to myself.
Resolution #5, be more green. I've been slowly implementing some greenness into our lives. I wash all our laundry on cold. I don't use the heat dryer on the dish washer. I always take my own reusable bags to the grocery. I quit buying bottled water and we drink FREE WATER from the tap. WHICH has more regulation standards than the bottled water does..... AND most bottled water is.... get this..... just tap water! suckers!
The bottled water industry is a conspiracy against all the stupid people. It's like bottling and selling AIR.
Anyway.
Once we move into a house I'm going to start recycling and I also want to have a garden and a compost pile to cut down on our waste.
Once I run out of what I have I am going to start making my own household cleaning products (like mopping the floor with vinegar and water), or buy the green brands.
I will however, never use a cloth diaper. no way. I know you all thought that was coming next.. ha ha.
I think 5 is a good start for 2009. Some other things I want to accomplish this year are, try to have another baby. I mean have you seen the first one? Who wouldn't want another one of those?
I also want to have yard sales at my new home. This is something I am so excited about! I've never had one and I can't wait to make money off of my junk!
I want to read more. I looove to read and this is the first time in 7 years that I haven't had to read for school. I'm looking forward to reading anything and everything.
I love new years. I love setting goals, having dreams. It keeps you young, keeps you alive and moving forward. Cheers to 2009.
No comments:
Post a Comment