Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Things Remembered

2008 has been a whirlwind for Benji and I.

Early in the year we found out I was pregnant. I spent much of the first part of the year in a nauseous haze, taking classes and working at Starbucks. Benji was still taking classes and working.

January, Benji started looking for a job. He began the process of sending out his resume. Like 40 resumes. January went by, then Feb, March, April, May, June.......the whole time we were just praying for the perfect job for him.

In May I graduated from seminary and Benji quit his job driving the bus, but still caddied. In mid July I quit mine.

July, Benji finished his classes. Then he got a call from Brushy Creek....and then Emery was born.

August we put our house on the market(in this economy-yeah).

Benji got a job, we moved two weeks after Emery was born, sold our house 7 weeks after putting it on the market.

September I moved to Ga to stay with my mom while we found an apt. Benji moved to SC to start his job.....he slept on a couch of a gracious church member.

October, Emery and I joined Benji in SC, lived in one apt...moved to another apt....

November, Emery finally started sleeping through the night really well. We had Thanksgiving for the first time in 4 years with both our families.

It was also the first Thanksgiving in 4 years that I did not have to work.

November, we also began the house hunting process, we've made one offer that didn't work out, but have recently found another that may be the house.

December, Benji finally officially graduated and put an end to our seven year marathon through school.

Emery rolled over for the first time yesterday. And rolled, and rolled again.

I saw her first tooth today....

Makes my head hurt just thinking back on it all.

We have been so blessed this year with so many milestones.

I want to make sure that you all know that I take no blessing for granted. We are not worthy of any of the ways that God has chosen to bless us. And while it is hard sometimes to accept, we know that God is good no matter what the circumstance.

He sold our house, provided a job, created Emery and intrusted us with the responsibility of raising her. We are so undeserving of all the good that comes from God, yet we rejoice and with full hearts accept it gladly.

Looking forward to 2009.

No comments: