This is the grumpy old man face we see about 100 times a day. Usually comes out when she's wet, poopy, hungry or just needing some attention. The early makings of a diva I'm sure.
Life as I know it has changed. The past 16 days have been the hardest most overwhelming days of my life.
I've had major surgery. I've had NO sleep. And the WORST constipation of my life. They forget to tell you that the wonder drug percoset that quiets all your pain also slows your bowels down to a stopping point....
Emery is able to "suck the paint off the walls"...a direct quote from the lactation consultant I've seen five times in 2 weeks. Unfortunately for me that means the part of my anatomy that is her food source looked like they'd been through a meat grinder. So I'm investing in a breast pump.
Did I mention we are moving in 15 days.
Yeah. 15.
And not just down the road. I mean MOVING.
Packing up boxes and listing our condo hasn't been so easy with a newborn who NEEDS to be held during the day to sleep. And must eat every 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours.
I wonder if Starbucks wants me back?
2 comments:
You'll make it! Hang in there! We moved from Atlanta to Virginia when Abby was exactly 3 weeks old. The 21 days between her birth and the 14 hour drive (with over 10 stops for various feedings and changings)....I have no recollection of them. None. Not one memory. Plenty of pictures though, so keep snapping away!
Kristi.
If you need me to watch the baby for you -- while you pack, please call us! I would love to hold a baby one afternoon or two! She is really so cute!
Just call!
Lorann
Post a Comment